Augusta Product Liability Attorneys
Assisting Victims in Georgia & South Carolina
As a consumer, you are bombarded by product advertisements on a daily basis. When you purchase one of these items you expect it to function safely and properly. However, thousands of people have suffered from a device with a manufacturing flaw that leads to an injury. At Jackson Law Offices, P.C., our personal injury lawyers in Augusta will hold the responsible party accountable for negligence that results in your harm.
We can provide an initial case review at no cost to you by calling (706) 616-6441.
Types of Product Flaws
When a product has proven to be dangerous and caused a personal injury it is possible for the injured party to recover damages.
A consumer product can be classified as defective for the following reasons:
- Marketing defects - a product fails to perform as advertised by the seller, has inadequate safety or warning labels, lacks instructions
- Design flaws - the product is inherently unsafe before construction even begins. The product has a failure at the design stage.
- Manufacturing error - defects are created in the course of the products assembly.
Examples of Product Defects
As a consumer you should take it upon yourself you check for any type of product recall. Registering your product can make it easier for companies to contact you regarding any issues of your purchase.
In the event no recall has been issued, the following may be considered a product defect:
- Marketing - a can of paint thinner lacks appropriate instructions for safe handling and use.
- Design - an electric blanket that will electrocute a user if turned to the highest heat setting.
- Manufacturing - a play set with cracked chains.
As a consumer you have the right to expect products that are safe and function properly. Our Augusta product liability lawyers can help you identify if you have a case for any injuries sustained while using a defective product.
Contact Jackson Law Offices, P.C. at (706) 616-6441 to discuss your claim during a free initial consultation.