SERVING GEORGIA & SOUTH CAROLINA
A slip or fall may seem like a simple and straightforward accident, but the reality is that slips and falls can drastically alter your quality of life. At Jackson Law Offices, P.C. in Georgia and South Carolina, our Augusta premises liability lawyers recognize the hazards a slip and fall can wreak on your day to day life. Let us help you recover from your losses by seeking legal compensation.
TYPES OF SLIPS & FALLS
There are two kinds of a slip or fall accident. The first is known as an elevated fall. Elevated falls occur from a height, such as ladders, stairs, or platforms. The second type of fall is a same-level fall which happens at the same height. Falls, trips, or slips from any level can cause strains, sprains, broken bones, or head trauma.
PREVENTING AN ELEVATED FALL
Tips to prevent an elevated fall include:
- Use ladders with caution – ensure that the base is stable and secure.
- Choose the right ladder for the job – don’t use a ladder that is too short and causes you to stand above the safety step.
- Wear appropriate gear – Things like hard hats, safety nets, and guardrails can greatly reduce your chances of a fall.
Tips to prevent a same-level fall include:
- Keep a clean workspace – if a spill occurs, wipe it up and notify your co-workers or management.
- Be aware – make sure you are aware of your surroundings and any potential trip hazards, especially if you are carrying or lifting items.
- Use safety equipment – holding on to handrails and making sure work areas have sufficient lighting will help minimize your chance of an injury.