Augusta Nursing Home Abuse Lawyers
Jackson Law Offices, P.C. Is Ready to Stand with You & Your Family
Nursing homes are designed to care for our loved ones as they age. Every year, over 3 million people are nursing home or assisted care facility residents. While most of these facilities take good care of their residents, others do not and the results can be devastating.
The following is an overview of personal injury law and how it pertains to nursing home abuse. If your loved one has suffered injury due to the negligence of a nursing home or an assisted living facility in the Augusta, Georgia or Columbia, South Carolina areas, it may benefit you to speak with a nursing home abuse lawyer at Jackson Law Offices, P.C. We have decades of experience in the personal injury law arena and are well-versed in how to make a compelling case for compensation on behalf of our clients.
We're ready to partner with you family during this difficult time. Call our Augusta nursing home abuse attorneys at (706) 616-6441 today.
Types of Nursing Home Abuse
There are many different types of nursing home abuse, some are more subtle than others.
Some of the most commonly reported types of abuse in nursing home facilities include:
- Physical abuse - This type of abuse typically involves hitting, slapping, pinching or the overuse of restraints. Neglect is also considered physical abuse.
- Exploiting residents financially - Financial exploitation of elderly people is commonplace in nursing home facilities. Many nursing home employees befriend residents and abuse their trust by gaining access to their credit cards and bank accounts.
- Sexual abuse - Sexual abuse includes verbal harassment and unwanted touching. This is especially problematic when patients have diminished cognitive skills and cannot effectively communicate to others.
- Psychological abuse - This is perhaps the most difficult type of abuse to identify in nursing home patients. Psychological abuse can be yelling, shaming, or belittling residents who often have behavior changes as a result.
How an Augusta Nursing Home Abuse Lawyer Can Help
If you have a loved one who has suffered some form of nursing home abuse, there is help available. An experienced nursing home abuse lawyer can help you seek compensation on the behalf of your loved one through a personal injury lawsuit.
Some things a lawyer may be able to do include:
- Hiring investigators
- Speaking to medical professionals
- Negotiating settlements with the nursing home’s insurance company
- Filing your lawsuit documents with the court
We Represent Your Family if the Case Goes to Trial
Nursing home abuse is one of the most disturbing types of personal injury cases because the victims are often unable to communicate effectively. If you have experienced this abuse or someone you love has, contact Jackson Law Offices, P.C. today. During a consultation, a lawyer can go over the facts of your case and help you decide how to move forward toward a brighter future.
Schedule your consultation today. Our advocates are ready to hear your family's story.