SEEK LEGAL REPRESENTATION IN GEORGIA & SOUTH CAROLINA
When you lose a loved one to a drowning accident it may be difficult to decide what to do next. In some cases accidental drowning may be a result of negligence and appropriate legal action is necessary. Our Augusta personal injury lawyers at Jackson Law Offices, P.C. can help you seek compensation in the case of a drowning accident.
Some cases where litigation may be suitable include:
- Boating accidents – if accidental drowning occurred during a boating excursion it may be possible to bring a claim to the responsible party.
- Safety – safety standards that are not up to code at locations such as hotels or water parks.
- Inadequate barriers – Pools that lack proper fencing or other barriers which reduce access.
OUR SKILLED AUGUSTA DROWNING ACCIDENT LAWYERS CAN HELP YOU PURSUE JUSTICE
Dealing with the pain and loss of a family member due to a fatal drowning can be emotionally draining. Seeking legal counsel with Austin Jackson and Stan Jackson can help ease some of your burdens. Our priority in a devastating, accidental drowning case is to seek compensation that enables your family to move forward without having to worry about finances.
CASES WHERE A LEGAL SUIT IS APPROPRIATE
You may be entitled to compensation in instances where the accidental drowning occurred at these locations:
- Hotels, water parks, apartment complex
- Spa or hot tub
- Beach or lake
- Summer camps
Going swimming comes with inherent risks that can be severe or even fatal. One of those risks is a serious injury as a result of near-drowning or drowning. Fatal injuries can occur when going swimming, visiting the beach or lake, or taking a boat out on the water.
When swimming, increase your safety by following these tips:
- Swimming skills – increasing your basic knowledge of swimming can help prevent swimming accidents
- Wear a life jacket – children and adults with poor swimming abilities should wear a life jacket when engaging in water sports or activities
- Learn CPR – in the event of an emergency every second is crucial. Know how to resuscitate someone can save the life of a drowning victim
- Avoid alcohol consumption – drinking alcohol may delay or impair your ability to recognize or respond to risks in the water