Augusta Motorcycle Accident Lawyers
Jackson Law Offices, P.C. in Georgia & South Carolina Are Standing by to Help
As a motorcyclist, your risk of bodily injury is higher than that of someone driving a car. Without the added protection of airbags and a steel frame, motorcycle accidents can cause serious injury. If you have been injured in a motorcycle accident you may be entitled to compensation. Our Augusta personal injury attorneys can take the headache out of filing a claim and seek a positive outcome to your case.
Causes of a Motorcycle Collision
A leading cause of motorcycle accidents is driver distraction. Whether a driver is talking on the phone or texting and driving, a lapse in awareness can cause severe injury to a motorcyclist.
Although you can’t control the actions of other drivers you can minimize your chance of an accident by following these steps:
- Wear a helmet
- Wear protective clothing
- Don’t drink and operate a motorcycle
- Don’t share lanes
- Be aware of your surroundings and other drivers
- Know your skill level
Despite your best efforts accidents do occur. In these situations, it is best to document all aspects of the accident and seek legal counsel for possible compensation.
Common Motorcycle Accidents
As a motorcycle enthusiast you are more likely to be involved in an accident in the following scenarios:
- Left hand turn - one of the most common motorist accidents. A driver making a left may not see you and suddenly turn into your path.
- Lane splitting - riding in-between lanes can be a risky maneuver for motorcyclists when auto drivers are not anticipating you passing and when the distance between vehicles is narrow.
- Excessive speed - speeding on highways or streets can be a leading cause of a motorcycle injury when reaction times are greatly reduced. The faster you are going in a crash the higher the likelihood of a more severe injury or fatality.
- Intersections - the size and profile of a motorcycle makes it more difficult for automobile drivers to see you on the road. This can lead to cars changing into your lane or cutting you off at a right hand turn.
When you have been the victim of a motorcycle accident you can place your trust in Augusta motorcycle accident lawyers. With decades of experience and a primary focus on motor vehicle accidents we are equipped to take care of all your legal needs.
Protect yourself by calling (706) 616-6441 to schedule a free consultation with the skilled Augusta personal injury attorneys at Jackson Law Offices, P.C.